Truly, my life has never been quite that exciting.
I am just about to be able to say that I’ve successfully survived the first week of the semester. Today is Thursday, right? Anyway, I’ve reminded myself more than once that my survival rate thus far is 100% and that is pretty fucking fabulous.
But I’ve learned a few things this week, such as…
- Children make wonderful excuses. For anything. For everything. Just not for me.
- It’s totally ok to be wicked late for work provided you blame the horrible traffic, the same horrible traffic we deal with every year.
- It’s totally ok to be late for work provided what made you late was going through the Starbuck’s drive-thru to get coffee and a scone.
- The people who should be paying attention to traffic flow on campus took two days to realize that they needed to have police officers direct traffic. Yay. Only two days.
- It’s totally fine to wait until the Very Last Possible Second to request help for something you knew you’d need help with several months ago. It’s preferable to use hostile language when doing so and to include “important” people on your emails to emphasize how irate you are.
- It is also totally fine, if you know the person who waited until the Very Last Possible Second, to talk to the support person and find out it’s been resolved (from her side at least) and still send an email just because you told your boss you would, not because it’s actually going to help a damn thing.
Bitter? Nope. Burned out is more like it. I need a nice relaxing weekend with my fella.
There is some sort of wrestling thing on the telly this Saturday that Lancelot is planning to watch. I am not as invested in this as he is, and he knows this. I’m trying to decide what creative project I’m going to take with me to work on. I haven’t knit in ages and I haven’t made jewelry in even longer. I know that taking time to get back to my hobbies will make me feel better.