Wow, so I really have to say I didn’t intend to be gone so long. But it’s been quite the week. I managed to
- finish the blue shawl,
- weave in the ends on three others that were done,
- pick up a “commission” from Mom’s best friend to make a white shawl for her,
- ordered yarn for four more shawls for myself,
- make a really cool pair of earrings plus a necklace/earring set,
- make an obscene amount of progress on a beaded shawl I started over a year ago,
- give two killer presentations at the conference,
- clean out my closet, dressers, linen cupboard,
- deposit all of those unwanted bits at the donation site,
- install lights under the hutch on my desk at work for a little extra light,
- saw Hamilton with one of my oldest and dearest friends.
I also found out that the Istanbul trip is on hold. We were originally supposed to leave next Thursday but something isn’t happening the way they thought it would so now there’s talk of maybe rescheduling to late November. I’m really ok with this. I love to travel but not when things aren’t well planned.
Speaking of well planned, I’m trying to convince myself not to start any new projects, except for Mom’s BFF’s shawl, until I finish the two shawls I’m currently working on. The beaded one is maybe halfway done and it’s incredibly funky. The other is unusual in that it’s made of shell motifs that will be sewn together with buttons. It’s really lovely. I’m doing mine with yarn that shifts through shades of green and white. I’ll try to take a picture this weekend; it’s going to be my project while Lancelot is watching the UFC thingy.