It’s rough to be Pippy. She’s had some kind of tummy issue the last few days that have resulted in PITH (pooping in the house) and that makes me and Lancelot unhappy. We tried giving her rice and chicken to see if that would help and when it became apparent that it wasn’t we took her to the vet this morning. The good news is that it is not a parasite. The bad news is that the vet isn’t entirely sure what it is. So we have some pills to take a new kibble to eat. And yes, right now she is laying in her chair in my office with her coveted stolen washcloth between her front paws. Adorable to say the least.
I was talking to one of my work friends today over Zoom and realized that I haven’t been focusing enough of my energy on gratitude. And that’s a bummer because that’s been such an important part of my routines for so long and unfortunately that’s just sort of fallen by the wayside lately.
So today I am thankful for…
- the roof over my head
- the food I cook every night
- the job I mostly love
- the fuzzy critters who make me laugh even though they take up way more than their share of the bed every night
- my darling Lancelot who helps keep me sane and gives amazing hugs
- Mom and R because they’re awesome
- my friends, y’all included
- my medication that really keeps me sane