Ok, so it’s less than that now, but if you don’t get that reference, you should maybe move on to someone else’s blog. Just sayin…
I’ve been keeping busy, which is fairly typical around here. Although this morning Lancelot dropped some good news on me. He works tonight, New Year’s Eve, but isn’t working overtime this week so he’s off tomorrow and Saturday, so we get a truly normal weekend. That is something to YAY about.
On Tuesday we got 8″ of snow. Fortunately it wasn’t too shitty when I had to go get L from work and it stopped in time for him to get to work that night just fine. Now it’s just mostly a mess, but not a hard to drive in mess. I expect snow during the winter, this is the Midwest, but it doesn’t mean I have to love it.
I do feel very fortunate that our laundry room is in the same basic area as the back door the dog goes out to get into the back yard. When she heads out I put “her” towels in the dryer to get them nice and warm so that getting her dried off when she comes in a little bit easier. Yes, she is spoiled.
I still need to weave in the ends, but that’s the last of the stuff that needed to be blocked. I consider that to be a victory. We won’t talk about all of the half-finished projects still on the needles that need some love. But we will talk about how awesome L is – he helped me take an inventory of my needles this morning. Such a good boy.
This is probably the point at which I should make some kind of profound statement about how I’m going to focus on being a better human next year, as if I’m not a good human right now. But that’s not my style. I’m more of a goal setting type human. So here goes…
- I will finish all of the fiber projects that are currently in progress
- I will continue to work on my health issues by being more mindful of what I eat and drink
- I will work to incorporate more physical activity into my routine by using the treadmill, ultimately getting to 30min/day, 5x/week
- I will learn a new creative skill (I have kits here already for quilling and chain maille)
- I will learn at least one new Indian recipe
- I will continue to explore vegetarian dishes and strive to include a meatless dinner at least 1x/week