I’m feeling it more that the end of the year is fast approaching. While I firmly believe in focusing my energy on the future and only looking to the past for those important “lessons learned,” I don’t think it’s horrible to do a little self-reflection. And the closer it gets to the end of the calendar year the more I feel that tug in my brain to do just that.
I’m intending to do a slightly more formal review of the goals I had set for 2021 and a grand reveal of the ones I’m setting for 2022, but that’s a post for another day. These are more along the lines of life lessons I’ve learned this year.
- Not all food prep is the same, and I get bored with a lot of it real fucking quick. I would say that frozen smoothie packs have probably been the most successful, followed closely by keeping hard boiled eggs in the fridge.
- Whole Foods has the best produce in our area and it’s totally worth it. Because of this I also learned that I love parsnips.
- I really like to cook Indian food, maybe because I really like to eat Indian food.
- Supporting small local businesses is a wonderful thing and we should all try to do it more often.
- Being happy is VITALLY IMPORTANT.
- I can be 45 years old and still be stylish. It’s not only allowed but it’s encouraged.
- I still love to read.
- It takes a whole village to keep a human happy and healthy, and those people include the “family we choose” and should not be taken for granted. The pandemic has showed me how vital that small group of tight-knit friends really are.
- It took being married to three men who were not right for me to realize that Lancelot is indeed right and necessary for my happiness. If that man isn’t my soul mate then I don’t know what that really means. With everything we’ve gone through already I can’t imagine having done this with anyone else by my side.
- A tight hug from the right person when you really need it is amazingly restorative. It’s the very best OTC remedy to soothe the soul.
Today I love… starting to set goals for next year, wearing an old scarf with new earrings, going to a glass tonight for the first time in ages, that L is taking over more in the kitchen, and more progress on projects